
I was at this show last night. The band, The Fundamental Elements, was ok. But thats what i didn't like about the show. What I liked about the show was watching this little kid weave and play through the crowd while the music was playing. He would dodge and shift through the legs of us, like we were the pillars of some fantastic maze we adults were oblivious to. He ran with a drumstick, a drumstick, that numerous times, almost stabbed me in the crouch as he would run by.
I've been seeing beauty in people lately, which in effect, has helped me bring out my creativity and music writing. I have been writing my own music more than ever, and have also started a experimental musical side project with some friends. Its weird how you will just get out of a rut and start up again. Many times during the day, I will stare out of my window and watch people walk and reminisce outside. I really don't know what I look for or how it effects my creativity, it just does. I guess I like to try to put the body movements, eye glances, and the rustles of nature to music? Try to re-create these images in sound? I don't know. I'm just in love with art now. Thank G-d for it. And my fellow friends and artists. I love them.
It's a hard road to take, but I believe its worth it.
I've been listening to these guys lot too.

No comments:
Post a Comment