Friday, May 1, 2009

A rant of somesort....

Yesterday I watched a film called Loose Change with some friends. Without getting into much detail, the film displayed the idea that the Sept. 11 attacks was an event orchestrated by our own government. I'm not saying this is a true fact or not but the evidence was quite compelling and frightening to say the least. But this got me thinking how much we as human beings actually really know. I mean, the story of our civilization is mostly about how we got it wrong. We believed the earth was flat, we burned people at stakes because we thought they were witches, ect... 100 years from now we'll look back on all our ideas and wonder what we were thinking. Abusing the human rights of the gay and lesbian community? Telling people they are going to a physical place called Hell because they did not lead a "good life" on earth? I believe we are capable of incredible transformation and adaptation. I think its time for that. I think we are living in another Enlightenment period in history. We are slowly realizing this and I thank G-d for the friends and family at home and Greenville that are willing to take this change and talk, discuss, and put it into action. I don't know, this is what I currently have dwelling in my mind. I will now share with you some neat things I've found this past week.....

Antichrist is the latest film from Lars Von Trier, director of such films as Dancer in the Dark and Breaking the Waves. I'm a big horror movie fan and this looks pretty creepy.


I've also been looking alot of Paper Rad's visual work. They did this movie made from unmodified ROM graphics from the original Mario and turned it into a very abstract and existential storyline featuring trippy flashing visuals and low-fi bit music. Its pretty great for late night viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment