
Awwww. The married couple, Avey Tare, of Animal Collective, and Kría Brekkan, of múm make music together. And they have an album compiled of home recorded folk songs. And these songs are played in reverse for the listener's enjoyment. Its quite the trip. It's very beautiful as well.I hope one day I can make music with my future wife too. That would be pretty sweet. If only.
Karen O The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, is also a solo artist. She has an acoustic side project known as Native Korean Rock. It's lo-fi acoustic love songs. It's obviously different from her band's work, but in a good way. Very intimate. But the recording quality is pretty poor. Hopefully they come out with a professional EP soon. Speaking of Karen O, who is related to director Spike Jonze; I can't wait for Where the Wild Things Are. It's gonna be so good......


Couple more weeks till I get my melodica....
oh, and check out this movie sometime. Waltz of Bashir. It's a heartbreaking and hypnotic animated film on the 1982 Lebanese conflict told through flashbacks from the narrator. I think it's nominated for Best Foreign Film at the Oscars.

No comments:
Post a Comment