Monday, January 26, 2009

Brooke Waggoner and other nice findings


I was driving back with some friends from an Eagle Scout/Greenwood/Montez show in Decatur when I heard someone requested "Brooke Waggoner" into our little iPod playlist mix. I had never heard of her and didn't know what to expect. She sounds like the spawn of Feist and Rufus Wainwright. It's great classy pop with very good piano playing.

Hush If You Must - Brooke Waggoner




Jonny Greenwood is the man. If your wanting to be in a trippy mood and need some nice free jazz/experimental whathaveyou/ crazy good music, look no further than his work for the Bodysong soundtrack. Its great.

Moon Trills - Jonny Greenwood


Paper Route is playing in Greenville in a month or so, and I am pretty much excited. Their music is a great listen for any indie/ambient pop fan. The musicianship and little details that go into their songwriting never ceases to amaze me.


Second Chances - Paper Route
I just watched Dancer in the Dark again tonight, so I have to include Bjork....

No comments:

Post a Comment