Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm humbled in your pretty lens


So I'm a somewhat new fan of the music of Animal Collective. In the past, Strawberry Jam was the only album of theirs I was exposed to and that was an unpleasant listen to say the least. But their 2005 album Feels is a lovely collection of songs that embody all the elements of love, awkwardness, and intimacy that sounds and melodies can offer. It is a definite contrast to their new album; Feels is much more poetic in its lyricism and relying on delay-drenched guitar lines and the use of acoustic instruments compared to the electronica influences of 2009's Merriweather Post Pavilion. In many of Feels tracks, ambience and space play a big role as musical atmospheres are formed in the song structures. I highly recommend this album to all music snobs, hopeless romantics,
and most of all, you.




1 comment:

  1. I will not give up on youuuuuuu....

    remember when i tried to get you to listen to animal collective......
    yeah
    you've learned the error of your ways, i see

    ReplyDelete