Friday, January 23, 2009

Animal Collective

today, i have found something that I thought was not lost, but had lost its spark. I have found my love for the arts and creativity. Do you ever find yourself listening to a new album, reading a book, or looking at a piece of art and thinking, "god, this is good." That happened to me with Animal Collective's new listen Merriweather Post Pavillon (which isn't technically out, thank you megaupload) Now, I had no real desire for their last outing, it seemed too cluttered and amatuer. This album is different. They've matured. You can't help but listen to the little complexities that these guys put into their art and how the rhythms and beats make you want to stop at nearest rave. It's art, yet its fun. A lot of experimental/avant guarde bands tend to do away with the fun factor. Animal Collective doesn't make that mistake. So if you want to listen to a great indie/trance/african beat/who knows? album. Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment